About Us » History

History

Harding Elementary first opened its doors in 1959. It is named after Ruth Clarke Harding, a career educator, who taught at the old Hawthorne School from 1920-1933. She then took on the role of Principal at Roosevelt Elementary where she remained until 1956. Harding Elementary is dedicated to applying the same commitment and dedication as Ruth in the day-to-day instruction and mentoring of each and every student.
 
Harding Elementary, 1959.
 
 
Harding Elementary, 1959.
 
 
Harding Elementary, 1970’s.
 
 
Students enjoying the computer lab! (1998)